Frequently Asked Questions
How much do wigs cost?
- Costs differ based on construction, features, and material.
- Synthetic wigs range between $150-$600. Natural hair wigs start at $700.
What is the difference between human and synthetic wigs?
- There are several differences between natural fibers and synthetic fibers. Often, natural fibers will last longer than synthetic. They can be colored and styled like natural hair. Synthetic fibers are less expensive than natural fibers.
How long will a wig last?
- Synthetic wigs typically last between 3-6 months on average. With proper professional care they can last longer. We offer professional wig refurbishing services to make your wig look its best.
- Natural hair wigs can last 6-12 months or longer with professional maintenance services.
Are wigs hot?
- Natural hair wigs can be more comfortable than synthetic wigs. Natural hair wigs let more air in and synthetic wigs tend to hold the heat in. Blends are a great alternative (part natural hair and part synthetic hair.)
Is it hard to take care of a wig?
- Synthetic wigs are very low maintenance. Natural hair requires a little more maintenance but looks completely natural.
How often do I clean my synthetic wig or hairpiece?
- If worn daily for 10 to 12 hour a day, we would suggest you wash it once every 10 to 14 days. Individual lifestyle, environment, and lifestyle can change how often this is needed. You, personally, will be the judge of when it needs to be cleaned.
Can you color synthetic wigs?
- Synthetic wigs can not be colored. Only natural hair wigs will respond to hair color.
Can you style a synthetic wig with heat?
- Regular synthetics cannot have heat on them without damaging the wig. Only the heat friendly fiber can be heat styled on a low temperature. All natural hair wigs can be styled with heat.
If my hair is thin on the top, is my only option a wig?
- No. There are many many options for women who are thinning. Toppers, extensions and hair fillers are great alternatives to full wigs.
Do I have to make an appointment to come in to Bravadas?
- This depends on your Bravadas location. If it is a Store, you do not need to make an appointment, although we recommend you make one to ensure that you get world class customer service. If your location is a Studio location, you will need to make an appointment. Check the location page for your Bravadas to find out.
Will my insurance pay for my wig?
- Your insurance may pay for your wig if you are getting one for medical reasons. You will need to work directly with your insurance company to find out what is an is not covered. We do not file insurance claims.