The first consideration when choosing a custom wig is deciding whether you want a human hair wig or a synthetic wig. Both types of wigs have their advantages and disadvantages. It all comes down to your lifestyle. Bravadas offers a wide variety of custom wigs that’ll make your wig feel and look like you. Below are some tips to help guide you in choosing the best type of custom wig for you and your lifestyle.
Advantages of Human Hair Wigs:
- Convenience and versatility
- Offers more of a realistic look, most comfortable of all types of wigs
- Offers styling versatility – you’re able to curl, color, perm and add highlights and lowlights
- Not as dense as synthetic wigs, therefore more breathable especially in the summer months
- Human hair wigs tend to last 2 or 3 times longer than synthetic
Disadvantages of Human Hair Wigs:
- Generally more expensive than synthetic wigs
- Need more attention and care than synthetic wigs
Advantages of Synthetic Wigs:
- Less expensive than human hair wigs
- They don’t react to humidity, therefore hold their style in humid climates
- Synthetic wigs need the least amount of attention and care
- Come in a variety of colors
Disadvantages of Synthetic Wigs
Longevity of a synthetic wig is typically 2-6 months, depending on how often you wear it.
- Synthetic wig hair is very thick and dense and can get hot and itchy in the summer months
- They tend to lose their luster and style after a few months.
- Cannot be colored or permed, so the styling options are more limited than human hair wigs.
The type of custom wig for you will depend on your lifestyle, how often you’re going to wear it and how much time you plan on devoting to its maintenance. Before choosing a custom wig type, ask yourself these questions:
- How many hours a day will you need your wig?
- Do you exercise? If so, how often do you exercise?
- What climate do you live in?
At Bravadas, our alternative hair expert can help you determine the best custom wig type. Don’t wait; contact us today to schedule a free consultation!
To schedule your free 1-hour consultation go to bravadas.com/free-consultation. We look forward to serving you!